THE TERRORS OF HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER CAMPS
Screw introductions. I've been RAing a film camp this summer and I'm spiraling
- •They're all greasyI'm worrying that hygienic practices don't start early enough
- •They all toe the line between wanting to be your friend and wanting to make you as embarrassed as possible
- •There are way too many white onesI'm like the helicopter mom for all the students of color
- •I'm old afSome of them were born in 1999, which makes negative sense to me
- •I really miss peanut butter999 of them have severe nut allergies. We didn't have that shit in the 90s
- •They think they know everything
- •They're extremely insecure & hormonalWhenever I brave one of the co-ed spaces, I just find them chuckling awkwardly with sweaty palms
- •Teaching/mentoring is really really hardI'm scared anything I might say will ruin their lives.
- •They genuinely wanna learn about the artsI've been able to give (what I hope) is really helpful advice thus far. Hopefully they keep opening up to me.
- •Addition: they want me to do lights out at midnight as if my bedtime isn't 10 PM…