THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN SAY/DO TO A FILMMAKER
Film school revealed the worst characteristics about human beings
- •"So, what's your favorite movie?"Mostly cause I'm the worst type of film major whose favorite films include finding nemo and jingle all the way
- •"What's your thing"
- •"You tryna do my next music video?"Your ideas are probably too lofty/I'm too poor to even fund my own project. I've had everything from undergrad students to uber drivers pitch me ideas
- •Not offering a paycheckYOUR DESPERATION CANNOT BE QUANTIFIED. I HAVE STUDENT LOANS.
- •"How's (insert film project) coming along?"Terribly. I have most likely not revisited the footage for weeks.
- •"So you're gonna be the next spike lee"Flattering, yes. Accurate to my identity as a black female filmmaker, no.
- •"Oh lemme help you with that" *grabs questionably heavy thing from my hands*Yes, because all of my oft sought after physical strength disappears at the presence of a male body