HOW I IMAGINE A LIST GETS FEATURED.
This is completely made up and based on no factual information at all.
- •Somebody brings Blue Bottle (the intern)
- •Strike a gavel! The meeting begins with a wine and cheese round a la "Chardee MacDennis" (It's Always Sunny episode - if you haven't seen it, you should)
- •There may or may not be bagels as good as you can get in LA but not better than NYC
- •And açai bowls and green smoothies because it's LA
- •The wine and cheese round ends exactly 2 minutes later when @minhal's old school egg timer goes off, and suddenly there is a ceremonial smashing of the glasses accompanied by everyone's loudest war scream.Now, the meeting really begins.
- •Each voting member opens up their likes and relists on their iPhone.
- •They then play an elimination round of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock to decide who gets to hook their phone up to the projector for the day.
- •@minhal wins - a small victory for the newest person on the team.Do you even work at list? Something makes me think yes? I may have made this up...
- •There is intense discussion (but not arguing -- never arguing) possibly reaching the level of intensity in The Great Debates (funny podcast you should listen to) as everyone decides which of her liked lists are worthy of inclusion.
- •Once the list is finalized, everyone runs around in a circle high-fiving each other.
- •But just before the list gets programmed for timed release the next day, @mindy makes a surprise appearance and vetoes everyone, getting the final say because she is Mindy.
- •She laughs maniacally, everyone bows down to her, saying "we're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
- •And that's how a list gets featured on @list