I am so tired.
Pray for Nice. Pray for Istanbul. Pray for Baghdad. Pray for Brussels. Pray for Orlando. Pray for Paris. Pray for Syria. Pray for Pakistan. Pray for humanity. Pray for peace.
- •So tired. Of violence in the world.
- •Of innocent people losing their lives for no reason.
- •Of more innocent people being killed by vigilantes in retaliation for crimes they haven't committed.
- •Of the lack of compassion and understanding of our fellow man.
- •Of terrorists.Fucking lowlife assholes.
- •Of corrupt politicians.
- •Of dirty cops.
- •Of black kids losing their lives for no good reason.
- •Of the LGBTQ community being treated as subhuman.
- •Of Muslims being targeted by Daesh/ISIS but then being seen as the problem.See: recent attacks in Iraq and Turkey.
- •Of fearing for my parents lives when they go to pray at their mosque in Texas because I don't know if a crazy person will attack them or set their place of worship on fire.
- •Of military servicemembers dying.
- •Of racism. Sexism. Bigotry of all kinds.
- •Of fearing for anyone and everyone just living their life who may become a target for no good reason at all.
- •I am just so tired.
- •I am trying to remember this:
- •"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'" —Fred Rogers