I NEED TO GET SOMETHING OFF MY CHEST...
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Mom & dad, you were really racist about me wanting to marry a white dude.
- •I know it was hard for you and you had these ideas about what my life would be like and what you struggled for.
- •But it was wrong.
- •After 5 years of disapproval and threats about disowning me, I finally gave up on seeking your approval.
- •And I eloped. We went to the courthouse and got legally married a whole year before the date of the wedding you attended.
- •Only my sister, @miriamrose and my two best friends from med school who served as witnesses knew, until now.
- •I'm glad you came around eventually, admitted you were wrong and that he is amaZing. But I've actually been married for almost 5 years, not 4. 😁Side note: S/o @john let's legitimize writing amaZing this way; 👍😁