It finally happened
- •After EIGHT YEARS of trying to get tickets, being a broke-ass student, army life getting in the way, etc... I finally saw @john in concert at Jones Beach.I haven't been to this venue for 15 years. The last time I was there, I saw RHCP.
- •Since the tickets were my bday present to myself, we splurged on a VIP package.As luck would have it, the most $$$$ package was sold out, so no meet and greet or photo op. One day, maybe. But that's ok because we jammed out the whole time in the 8th row in the pit, which was pretty dang cool.
- •Anyway, bottom line is, the show was incredible. The whole band and supporting musicians were 🔥.
- •If it was possible for music to course through my vessels like blood, that's what happened.
- •And thanks for @Hoogie fully committing to enjoying this (not that it was hard) after years of having to listen to 50% of what I play being @john.No makeup—no time, had to drive almost 3 hrs in traffic from West Point to get there and hand the baby off to the nanny for our first legit date night in a LOOONNGG time.
- •Time to go get Layla a guitar so maybe one day she's jamming on stage with @john when we are like 50.