THE ULTIMATE TELEPHONE GAME: LANGUAGES SPOKEN AT DINNER TONIGHT IN JAPAN
- •EnglishObviously fluent
- •Hindi/UrduMy parents taught me as a kid
- •JapaneseI've picked up some phrases
- •NepaliGoogle is my friend
- •A Japanese customer spoke Japanese to the Nepali waiter in the restaurant, who then translated to me in Hindi/Urdu/Nepali, and I then translated for my English-speaking husband.We carried on having a conversation this way. It took forever and who knows if it was all translated accurately...
- •But it was... So. Much. Fun.