THINGS I WANT TO DO THE DAY I GET OUT OF THE ARMY 🇺🇸
All things you can't do when you're a Soldier.. Can't wait to experience the thrill of that FREEDOM (anyone catch the irony here?).
- •Legal Marijuana 🚬Need I say more? It's not allowed even if you're in a state where it's legal because we are governed under federal laws. And we get randomly drug tested all the time.
- •Wake up at 0600 instead of 0430 💤I know my body. I'm fighting my true circadian rhythm by waking up this early every day. It sucks & I'm tired.
- •Get a manicure in anything other than clear 💅🏼Hot pink, fire engine red, crazy rainbow, here I come!
- •Wear makeup. 👄Like full face. Fire engine red lipstick. Not "conservative" which basically means neutrals only and no colored lipstick.
- •Fly somewhere (especially a foreign country) without needing anyone's permission. ✈️And filing a ton of paperwork months in advance, and getting denied because of some minor conflict going on there or because we don't like that country, or getting approved at the last minute and having to drop an assload on plane tickets
- •Wear my hair long and down🙎Instead of a bun every day! My hair looks best down, but I refuse to succumb to the regulation bob..
- •EARRINGS!Whenever. Wherever.
- •Wear real shoes to see my patients in clinic instead of combat boots.Louboutins. 👠 Mark my words.
- •Hold my husband's hand and kiss him while in my work clothes 💋😘PDA in uniform is looked down upon.
- •Celebrate the fact that I'll have a job that will allow me to take more than six weeks of maternity leave, easily breastfeed my hypothetical future baby, and not be expected to be ready to deploy to a warzone or elsewhere and rock the army physical fitness test a mere six months later. 👶🏻🏃
- •Tell my mom and dad I won't be missing any more birthdays, weddings, funerals or holidays if I can help it.It's been 8 years since we have all been in the same place at the same time.
- •Celebrate freedom.Mine and everyone else's. 'MURICA. 🇺🇸