THIS WEEK'S RECOMMENDATIONS
- •YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ASSUMING: 16 graduating black female West Point cadets were cleared of wrongdoing after allegations that they violated military regulations by posing in uniform for a photo in support of a protest/political movement (Black Lives Matter).
- •GEORGIA RESIDENTS, PROTECT YOURSELVES: A new report from the CDC predicts that because of the alarming rate of new HIV infections in GA, 1 in 51 GA residents is subject to contracting HIV in their lifetime. The epidemic is thought to be at least partially due to the rising IV heroin abuse problem in the US.
- •MORE POLITICAL DRAMA: Allegations from former Facebook employees stating that they routinely suppressed conservative news from trending. A GOP-led Senate committee has notified Facebook that they're investigating.
- •HEALTHCARE DENIED: The ACLU released a report indicated that 550 Catholic hospitals are run in accordance with religious doctrine that often leads to denial of necessary, sometimes life-saving care. Doctors must agree to gag rules about discussing certain treatment options or referrals to places that could provide care the church disagrees with.
- •IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Samsung developed a virtual reality headset, and over 1 million users tried it out in April.
- •FOOD: a zesty Italian spin on that boring old tuna sandwich
- •TV: CALL THE MIDWIFE (drama)Seasons 1-4 on Netflix. Great BBC series about the challenges and drama of delivering care in an urban town in England in the 1950s. Surprisingly addictive.
- •VIRAL VIDEO HUMOR: Who gets their ass beat to a John Mayer song? These guys.