Best Books on Navigating the Academy
In an effort to prevent others from wasting tons of $$ I've compiled the list below. In short, these are (in my opinion), the best books on getting through graduate school, writing the dissertation, successfully navigating the job market and completing the tenure track. Good luck!
- •Getting What You Came For by Robert L. Peters
- •The Professor Is In by Karen Kelsky
- •From Dissertation to Book by William Germano
- •The Black Academics Guide to Winning Tenure by Kerry Ann Rockquemore
- •Beginning a Career in Academia: a Guide for Graduate Students of Color by Dwayne A. Mack, et. al.
- •The Clockwork Muse by Eviatar Zerubavel
- •The Chicago Guide to Your Academic Career by John A. Goldsmith, et. al.
- •Advice for New Faculty Members by Robert Boice
- •Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks by Wendy Belcher
- •Write to the Top! How to Become a Prolific Academic by W. Brad Johnson and Carol A. Mullen
- •Written/Unwritten: Diversity and the Hidden Truths of Tenure by Patricia A. Matthew