REASONS WHY AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS I STILL CAN'T GET PAST THE HIMYM FINALE
When I can't sleep, these are the kinds of things that my Netflix account brings to mind. Whenever I try to introduce anyone to this show, as it is one of my all time favorites, I refuse to let them see the finale. No one deserves that level of heartbreak ever again.
- •We had literally just watched the entire weekend of Barney and Robin's wedding stretched out over an entire season, then they divorce them 10 min into the finale?No. That's unacceptable. You can't get us that emotionally attached to the couple then screw us like that. That alone literally made me pause the episode and go regroup before watching the rest of it.
- •We finally meet the mother, the titular character, just to see her killed off?A) With Ted being the bleeding heart that he is, wouldn't the whole story have been more in mourning of her? B) We spent all of season 9 getting to know her and falling in love with her too just to realize the whole show was a scam? Would it have been so hard to see the mother walk out and tell Future Ted to quit boring their kids?
- •The show lost it's meaning entirely with the whole "surprise ending"The whole show is supposed to be about meeting the mother. What the hell does that have to do with Ted wanting to bone their Aunt Robin?
- •Ted never married the mother???The man who just spent 9 seasons searching for someone to settle down with, who was a complete hopeless romantic, who was so hellbent on getting married that he even proposed to a woman still in love with her ex and got left at the altar, didn't actually marry the love of his life/mother of his children/the point of the whole story????
- •A finale should never make you hate the main characters.By the end of the episode, I hated Ted and Robin with a fiery passion. The only character given any redeeming qualities in the finale was Barney, particularly with one line that proves once and for all the supreme dominance of Neil Patrick Harris as an actor.
- •I can't even.I can't even put into words all the other things that bothered me with the finale...I just...I can't even.