Books I Occasionally Reference But Have Never Actually Read
I will definitely maybe one day read these but until then I'm gonna use my bull shitting abilities to appear more well read than I am.
- •Catch 22I think everyone does this right? I mean I guess some people have read the book but I think it's pretty common to use the phrase catch 22.
- •Catcher in the RyeThis is probably the most dishonest one because I always use Holden Caulfield as a example of an unreliable narrator.
- •1984I'm pretty sure this book would really interest me but instead of reading it I've watched all 18 seasons of Big Brother so I feel like I get the general sense of the book.
- •LolitaOne part of the feminist in me has definitely used this in arguments but the other part of the feminist in me totally refuses to even read this book.
- •Fahrenheit 451Where else do you go when debating about extreme censorship?
- •Honorary Mention: Lord of the RingsOf course I've occasionally dropped a "my precious" here or there but I did read The Hobbit and watched some of the movies so I think it's allowed.
- •Honorary Mention: Sophie's ChoiceThis is based off a book but I'm pretty sure any time I reference it I'm referring to the movie with Meryl Streep that I have also never seen.