THE COSMOPOLITAN HOTEL, LAS VEGAS
December 2015/ List based on my actual hotel stay beyond gambling and nightlife
- •Overall: Exceeded expectations for comfort, style and service. A thoughtfully designed and well curated modern hotel. The Cosmopolitan delivers a memorable stay.
- •Style: kicky, shiny and colorful, a very large boutique hotel.Note - though it doesn't feel like a Marriott, you can earn Marriott points at the Cosmopolitan. Also join their Identity membership if you'll be playing slots/video poker
- •Location: the heart of the Strip, between the Bellagio and the Aria. Across from Planet Hollywood and Paris(pic: covered walkway to the Bellagio)
- •Type of room: Terrace Suite, fountain facing viewSee the whole (fake) world from your balcony! Plus mountains and pretty sunsets. And fresh air, which is rare in Vegas
- •Room cleanliness: spotlesswith ample CS Bigelow toiletries
- •Room service: excellentChocolate cake decked out in gold with caramel praline was yummy at midnight. They also serve homemade ice cream by the pint.
- •Room features: kitchen, two full bathrooms, terraceModern touches, design books, cheeky wallpaper. Lots of lovely lighting (with confusing dimmer switches) and plush seating
- •Restaurant picks: Jaleo, China Poblano, STK. All high quality - for a price - with attractive interior designsTip: look for "Secret Pizza" by Blue Ribbon Sushi for a late night slice (pic: sangria from Jaleo)
- •Pool: Small-ish with very big outdoor bar area. Visited in winter - pool area was turned into a popular skating rink with fire pit seating for marshmallow-toasting(view from the rooftop pool bar and rink)
- •Spa: Modern, calming decor with a big whirlpool. My tension was gone after a 50 minute deep tissue massage(I was too blissed out to take a pic)
- •Gym: useful with a laid back vibe
- •The hotel needs: A good quality coffee bar to match the level of the other restaurants. Also better air circulation in hotel floor hallways to clear a constant unpleasant smell outside the rooms
- •Also: There should be standard key security in the elevators. We found cards for escorts in our key slots after we had been out. This means anyone can get close to the guest rooms. I recommend watching surroundings closely if entering/exiting rooms alone.