I read a lot of books, and the part of me that's still a teenage girl gets A LOT of crushes. Here's a list of dudes in books that I've read recently that are awesome fictional humans. I'm considering a list of Book Girlfriends. Add yours here too!
- •Elias, Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirElias has feelings, expresses these feelings and is sensitive to other people's feelings/boundaries. He can also kill a lot of people, but feels bad about it. I think he suits Teenage Amy-Elizabeth quite well.
- •Digby, Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie TromlyHave you ever wanted to punch someone repeatedly, but also find out if they like you? That is literally Digby. Teenage Amy-Elizabeth hates him, but also adores him. Goddamn it.
- •Wayne, Alloy of Law and Bands of Mourning by Brandon SandersonWayne is completely and totally weird. He's also up for literally anything, anytime. Anything. Life would not be boring. I would probably try to kill Wayne A LOT, but he'd be fine with it. This is definitely an adult Amy-Elizabeth crush. He's such a weirdo. I love him.
- •Gavriel Duval, His Fair Assassin by Robin La FeversA work-obsessed, intense, honorable guy who struggles with feelings and is my total opposite? Sign me up. Ugh. I have no judgement. I'm pretty sure that he would murder me. A lot. On a daily basis.
- •Jakob Kuisl, The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver PotzschAn ex-soldier with a passion for books, science and rational thought. Ok, he has a pretty legit drinking problem, PTSD and people hate him since he's a hangman. Remember what I said about having no judgement? This applies here too. Bah.