Things I Learned Living With My Grandparents
I live with my 90 year old grandpa and 84 year old grandma.
- •How to speak really loud without sounding like you're yelling/angryMy grandpa has trouble hearing. It's not usually how I speak but if I talk uppity like I'm always asking a question it doesn't matter how loud I yell it doesn't sound like I'm mad
- •How to give insulin shotsFor my grandma. Jiggle the tummy around to find the softest spot. One of the few times a soft belly is helpful
- •Just eat what they give youGrandma loves to feed. Just eat it. It makes her happy.
- •Keep the dogs away from themAgain, grandparents love to feed. Anything. My dog is super overweight
- •Don't take anything too personallyMy grandpa likes to casually point out every zit I have on my face. But he says it's a sign of youth so it's cool
- •Be prepared to be at a grocery store all dayThe grocery store is my grandmas shopping mall. Hours looking at tofu.
- •That's all for now