Good Decisions I Made in 2015
- •Skipping January in NYCBasically came home for Christmas 2014 and having moved from SF, but actually I spent January in LA, Hawaii, LA again and Mountain View and when I came back my fiancé had unpacked the apartment and I'd missed some winter.
- •Staying on Google health insuranceI left Google in March but I did COBRA and it's been super useful.
- •Working part timeI've been able to work on finishing my degree and hacking on stuff and CS education and traveling and being sick and it's been great.
- •Working with amazing orgs and peopleSpecial shoutout to CODE2040 and USACO. Got to travel in my work with both and make awesome new friends.
- •Meeting up with my best friend.At the beginning of 2014, he was in Pittsburgh and I was in SF. By the end of 2014, I'd moved to NYC and he'd moved to Seattle. Every month this year, we met up somewhere and watched an episode of Jane the Virgin. It almost didn't happen December but 4 hours before 2016 he showed up on my doorstep. Basically the best.
- •TravelingGot to travel a lot this year and saw so much more of the country.
- •Renting carsExcept that time in Austin.