Top 10 Essential Albums
Okay, for MY library... This week... No particular order.
- •Sketches for My Sweetheart, the Drunk- Jeff BuckleyDon't get me wrong, I have never underestimated Grace, but the first 5 tracks on this record are fire.
- •Hozier- HozierSuch poetry. From Eden and Sedated. So politically aware.
- •Continuum- John MayerMost well rounded album I've heard yet.
- •Once Again- John LegendThe grooves are all there, and his melodic sense is so haunting sometimes. Not to mention his voice- one of my all time favorite male vocalists.
- •Coming Home- Leon BridgesA breath of fresh, 50-year old, Woodstock tainted air in the pollution that is our current musical atmosphere sometimes.
- •Axis: Bold as Love- Jimi HendrixNever will there be another. His most sensual work.
- •Songs in the Key of Life- Stevie WonderHe's the perfect blend of musical chops, vocal ability, lyrical societal sermons, old soul music, and just a pinch of 80's cheesiness.
- •Live at the Regal- BB KingBlues on fleek. (what?)
- •Late Registration- Kanye WestOld Kanye was the best Kanye.
- •Blak and Blu- Gary Clark Jr.May tie with The Story of Sonny Boy Slim, but you can't go wrong with a 335 and fuzz face.