Already on li.st? Open in app.
I cannot believe this shirt exists
just spent a couple weeks with family in Brazil, and got to go see some Olympic events! I will list about that experience shortly. but first, a few word vomit thoughts.
- •leading up to the Olympics, there were a lot of jokes. jokes about zika, the corruption of interim president Michel temer, the condition of the water, and the less than stellar arrangements for the Olympic village.
- •can I remind you that Brazil is still a developing country?
- •7 years ago, when Rio won the bid, it was in an incredible place economically and politically
originally a request about their apartment from li.st darling, @nathanveshecco, based on a photo on my snap story but their story is more exciting. for more Brazilian travels, follow me on snap: anapyper // 🇧🇷🇺🇸
- •my dad grew up in a little farm town in northern Illinois near my hometown.one traffic light, acres upon acres of fields and farms, a Native American school mascot, and homogenous population. typical small town stuff.
- •my mom grew up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.city of 12 million people, a culture unlike any other, diversity out the wazoo, and always awake. typical big city stuff.
- •dad became a Christian at 18, and did what any young, passionate Christian does and picked up and moved to LA to do a missionary program called YWAM (Youth With A Mission).
- •constant annoyance and never hiding how much I hate everyone
- •any joke revolving around saying the word "butt" is my favorite joke
- •dance moves like whaaaaaaat
thanks for the AWESOME options, @nathanveshecco. I 💕 you forever. check out the original list here: https://li.st/l/1oVMpwNoZVqEuDonzFdwZJ (and follow him - he's your new favorite li.ster)
- •Justin Timberlake: UNDERFIRST OF ALL: he was in the greatest boy band of all time (if you're a backstreet fan, GTFO). SECOND: the man can SING, DANCE, & ACT alllll sooo well. he is a living triple threat. he is also a living legend. I don't doubt that someday my kids will sing "cry me a river" or "what goes around comes around" at classics karaoke night in a bar at 2am. although he's often on the charts, I think we mere humans don't value him like we should.
- •tea: OVERI genuinely cannot understand tea. it just tastes like hot flavored water. nothing spectacular to me. it feels like one of those things everyone does to be cool and "worldly." but that's none of my business... ☕️🐸
- •thrift shops: UNDEReven though Macklemore made it cool for white privileged folks to thrift shop now, I still think thrifting is underrated. people go for the brands or new stuff. y'all. the home goods! the eclectic style you could have soon! the furniture (de-loused)! the 90s albums! also the deals at the salve (Salvation Army) are a godsend.
this turned out to be mostly food...oops
- •game of thronesseems boring and too incestual to me
- •cranberrieslike why do we need to put this in all our food? (salads, turkey sandwiches, potato salad, trail mix, jellied)
- •"dry reds"this may just be me because I think all wine is gross but you cannot genuinely like a drink that actually dries your mouth out as you drink it and leaves a horrible aftertaste ??
- •dear fly buzzing around my room at midnight,
- •as I laid here in my bed peacefully, prepared for a satisfying sleep after a busy weekend, I am perturbed.
- •I hear your wings touching a mile a minute like high schoolers who can't keep their hands off each other in public.
- •I didn't know you aren't supposed to pee in the shower until I was a freshman or sophomore in college
- •it's weird if you ride in the passenger seat in your uber/lyft
- •you get asked constantly by the blood bank to donate bone marrow
- •people ask, "what are you?" every time you meet a new person
- •white people touch your hair without permission and ask inane questions about its texture