THINGS I HOPE TO ENJOY WHEN I GRADUATE COLLEGE
May 7, y'all. "raise a glass to the college grads" - Beyoncé
- •weekendsthey won't be spent lesson planning, catching up on data, preparing resources, and meaningless college projects. just the first three :)
- •Sunday's especiallygetting to go to church + spend some time outside without having to dread completing a project and meeting a deadline from college
- •coffeeI can drink it more for pleasure than lifeblood
- •living in Chicagosometimes I forget I live in one of the greatest cities in the world because I am always either a) stressing about what I have to do, b) doing what I have to do
- •an actual relationshipI haven't been in a real one since sophomore year of college. as much as I joke about not wanting to be in a relationship, I do. I miss the support, the companionship, the secrets and inside jokes, the love that grows slowly and deeply. I hope to be able to make the time for one after I'm not living the double life of a full time student and full time teacher.
- •friendshipsI don't feel there is enough time for me to develop the authenticity of a good friendship at this point, so I'm having to settle for surface, and it really isn't cutting it.
- •drinking more oftenmy drinking is now so far and few between so when I do drink, I fall quicker (which is cheaper), but I want to enjoy those nights that are just boozy enough to warm your heart and sober enough to remember every detail that happened
- •weeknight eventsI know teaching will still exhaust me but I hope that I will be able to carve out the time to actually do weeknight events like concerts or events supporting friends
- •making actual dinnersI just don't eat because I don't have time to make my meals and can't eat fast food yet again
- •LIST APP MEETUPS