Five unexpected things that make me smile
Thanks for the request @rebeccaroanoke ! This is lovely, and could qualify for inclusion on this list.
- 1.FrogsIn all shapes and sizes and in any colour. Tadpoles, half-grown and adult. Singing, leaping and splashing. Swimming a stealthy breaststroke just under the surface. Their froggy limbs like little tiny humans. Endlessly charming.
- 2.My own face.I refuse to have any shame about this. I've been meditating regularly for almost a year now and this seems to be one of the surprise benefits. I can appreciate the beauty of my own person. Or perhaps it's just a side effect of being 26. Also applies to life.
- 3.When the little one spontaneously clambers into my lap or reaches for my hand.She has mixed feelings about having an adult take care of her who isn't a parent. She likes me but I represent separation... so she also kinda hates me. And I make her eat her veggies.
- 4.SconesEnglish scones, that is.
- 5.These guysOn the right, husband (unexpected in so many ways). On the left, his besto. An unexpected smile of married life, acquiring the people your loved one loves.