Richard Rohr's 7 themes of an alternative orthodoxy.
- •Scripture as validated by experience,and experience as validated by Tradition are good scales for one’s spiritual worldview (METHODOLOGY).
- •If God is Trinity and Jesus is the face of God,then it is a benevolent universe. God is not someone to be afraid of, but is the Ground of Being and on our side (FOUNDATION).
- •For those who see deeply there is only One Reality.By reason of the Incarnation, there is no truthful distinction between sacred and profane (FRAME).
- •Everything belongs.No one needs to be punished, scapegoated, or excluded. We cannot directly fight or separate ourselves from evil or untruth. Darkness becomes apparent when exposed to the Light (ECUMENICAL).
- •The “separate self” is the major problem,not the shadow self which only takes deeper forms of disguise (TRANSFORMATION).
- •The path of descent is the path of transformation.Darkness, failure, relapse, death, and woundedness are our primary teachers, rather than ideas or doctrines (PROCESS).
- •Reality is paradoxical and complementary.Non-dual thinking is the highest level of consciousness. Divine union, not private perfection, is the goal of all religion (GOAL).