We tend to forget...
- •That boys don't necessarily have to be boys.Boys can be lovely, polite and respectful.
- •That our value is not dependent on what we produceAnd therefore that we can rest when we need to, without guilt.
- •That we are bodily beingsWe need rest, good food, sleep, and kindness in order to be well, and in order to do our work well.
- •That being thin isn't a passport to belongingJust belong now.
- •That talking about it usually helpsWhatever it is.
- •That art doesn't have to be about excellenceIt can just be for you.
- •That it's ok to be weak, to not be able to do it, to not have a steady job or to not be a parent or or or...You are not a social category. You are a person. Let your being sit there.
- •Our culture's yardsticks are broken.Let's make some new ones.