10 DREAM VACATIONS, RANKED
So many choices. So little dream time.
- •Zen Gardens and Buddhist temples of JapanWith a side trip up Mount Fuji and a day in the stalls of Tokyo's Akihabara neighborhood.
- •Presidential Graves TourI'd love to write a blog about visiting the graves of all 39 dead presidents, and then a book about the places and things associated with US presidential deaths. It will take a long time. Assassination sites, too.
- •Iceland's Ring RoadRental car road trip.
- •Norway's Western FjordsWith stops exploring the farm areas and viks where my maternal great-grandfathers and my paternal grandfathers lived.
- •Paris - RoubaixI'd love to see the legendary cobbled classic bike race in person one day. With a side trip to Musee d'Orsay because I missed this museum when I went to Paris for the weekend, so would love to visit and see the Impressionists.
- •CooperstownTo visit the Willie Mays plaque (and so much more) at the Baseball Hall of Fame. I've wanted to visit since I was 9 years old.
- •Ballpark Road TripI've always wanted to drive through all lower 48 states in a summer visiting major and minor league ballparks. Preferably all of them in one summer. Dreams.
- •Ohio Presidents TourI have an existing but untraveled (so far) seven day itinerary to visit homes and graves of Ohio's many dead presidents, with a side-trip to Buffalo to see Grover Cleveland sights.
- •Hurtigruten Ferry TripRiding the mail boat the length of Norway's west coast with a stack of books. Perhaps I could write my presidential graves book here.
- •Pacific Beach, San DiegoI lived near here for a year but since money and cost is not a factor in a dream vacation, I'd rent a house and walk the beach and surf the waves every day for a year. Maybe I can hole up here to write my book about presidential graves?