5 FAVORITE TV SHOWS OF THE 1950s, RANKED
These were the staples of after school TV in the 1960s when I was little. (There was plenty more I laid eyes on, but I didn't really enjoy them so this list has just these five favorites.) Inspired by Dad3/GD3/Phil @gd3 1/7
- 5.DragnetRuthless efficiency. I didn't really enjoy it, but it was always on. Cops. (Fun fact: The first movie date my future wife and I went on was to see the Tom Hanks-Dan Ackroyd 1987 remake!)
- 4.The Lone RangerAgain... always on.
- 3.Adventures of SupermanA hero for the era.
- 2.I Love LucyClassic comedy. One of the best shows ever, and it should be No 1 but...
- 1.Leave It To BeaverI loved this show when I was a kid. (The show ran until 1963 but it's very much a '50s show with its conformist authoritarian dad ways...and the Beaver getting in trouble from the smallest infractions. Lessons learned.)