8 Best Things About Working From Home, Ranked
I work for a Fortune 50 company and am based out of my house. These are my favorite things about working from home. Thanks for the request Brett @BWN_7
- 8.My office mates have been to known to sleep fart.So innocent. The farting and howling at tornado siren tests while I'm on a conference call aren't really appreciated, but essentially having two dogs for coworkers is amazing.
- 7.I never see managementI never interact with my bosses' boss or higher ups. There's no bureaucracy stress, which after spending 20 years in a cubicle farm is heavenly.
- 6.I rarely see my bossI see my manager about three times per year, once for my annual review, and a couple times at team meetings. We talk about twice a month (and of course email and text regularly).
- 5.Bike to work day is awesome!I ride downtown and get a free bagel and then ride back home to go to work.
- 4.Co-workers do not eat my lunchSometimes though a family member will get to the leftover pizza before me. Cuss.
- 3.I can work outsideI've been known to work my email on my deck. Like right now. DayLister™
- 2.My commute is 10 steps longIt takes 4 seconds from my bed to my desk in a spare bedroom/office. Unless I stop to pet the dogs, then it takes 30 seconds. Seriously, I get an extra 30-45 minutes per day by avoiding a regular commute to an office, which gives me more free time for ... Listing.
- 1.FlexibilityI mostly control my own schedule so I can work from 6 am to 2 pm or 10 am to 6 pm or a split shift or whatever I need to do to get 6-10 site visits and associated admin work and conference calls completed each week. This means I can use 'coffee breaks' to complete home errands/chores as needed (vacuuming, laundry, shopping, lawn mowing, dishes, etc.), during the day. It also means I can walk the dogs, ride my bike, list and other stuff too.