COMPONENTS OF THE *PERFECT* BANANA SPLIT
Thanks for the observant request @megbarrett.
- •ComponentsA ceramic bowl. Keeps the ice cream cold longer.
- •One banana.
- •Vanilla-based ice cream. I've got tasty butter pecan here tonight. Plain vanilla is fine; chocolate chip is fine; chocolate ice cream or any of the other more exotic ice cream flavors are right out.
- •Quality chocolate chips. Not that Hershey's crap. (Some things are worth investing in for quality: chocolate chips are one of those things worth the extra dollar.)
- •Nuts of some type. I've got this tonight, but I just as often use the little bags of peanuts that come in noodle bowls.
- •Build perfectionQuarter the banana into the bowl thusly.
- •Add four scoops of ice cream. Top with chocolate chips.Exactly four medium sized scoops. Three will give you too much banana and leave you wishing you had four scoops; five scoops is just selfish and glutinous and will leave you with a bowl of milky nuts. Four scoops!
- •Top that with nuts.