HOW TO MAKE CHAIN-MAIL
Denver Comic Con is in about seven weeks so perhaps you need to make some chain-mail for a cos-play costume? This chain-mail operation is currently under way on my back deck.
- •Build one of these contraptions.
- •Get a spool of wire.It's 14 gauge galvanized steel wire (for electric fences)
- •Slip the end of the wire into the steel rod.Bend it a little.
- •Pull the trigger on the drillThis will rotate the rod and wrap the steel wire around the rod.
- •Wrap the steel wire around the rod, making dozens of small circles.
- •... Keep winding...
- •... All the way to the end.
- •Cut the wire from the spool.
- •Remove the rod from the device and slide the wire off the rod. It will look like this.
- •RepeatMake a LOT of these wire coils.
- •Use your wire cutters and cut the wire into little circles.
- •Make a lot of little wire circles.(Watch a lot of Game of Thrones while you do this. This part will take time.)
- •Weave the circles togetherPatiently. Very patiently. This part will take more time.
- •Make sections of chain mail
- •Make a costume!
- •Use the chain mail in cos-play. Or for elven costumes for music videos.Eat pizza in your leather and chain mail on break from filming music video. (Watch video later: http://youtu.be/ObC8glyerJk )