POTATOES! FOR SCIENCE! PART 4 🍟🤓
An update on our experimental purple potato growing experience .... for science! Another Boring Old Dad List™💤.
- •Previously: April 25If you're new and are curious about what I am doing and what you are looking at, check the original list: POTATOES! FOR SCIENCE! 🍟🤓
- •Previously: May 23Listed: POTATOES! FOR SCIENCE! PART 2 🍟🤓
- •Previously: June 23Listed: POTATOES! FOR SCIENCE! PART 3 🍟🤓
- •Today: July 23Not much to report. Most of the 20 potato plants are still growing well.
- •The south side row of plants are getting a bit cooked by the heat and the sun.Being in bags above ground probably does not help. I've started placing canvas in front to provide some minimal shade.
- •For example, this bag of potatoes got baked (😀) on the couple of days when the temps went over 100 and I wasn't paying close enough attention.We've had several weeks of 95+ temps already and it's hard on the plants when the water is so expensive 💧🔥😬
- •The flowers are done blooming but the new leaves still have a slight purple twinge.
- •That's about it. The rest of the garden is growing...
- •Tomatoes tomatoing...
- •Eggplants eggplanting
- •Tomatillos doing their thing..
- •Pickling cucumbers...
- •Teeny tiny thumb-sized watermelon (!)
- •Brussels sprouts are starting to actually sprout ... brussells (?)!
- •And the raspberries are super tasty!