Before It's Too Late...
- •My bus driver from K-8th grade was a wonderful woman by the name of Ella Mae Nalley.
- •My bus ride was roughly 25 miles one way and I was the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off so my rides were well over an hour.
- •I talked Ms. Ella's head off the entire time every single day. And she listened to me.
- •It was on her bus that I first learned about sex from a kid with the same name as a famous actor...we'll call him Justin Coffman.
- •It was on her bus that a high schooler tricked me into giving him my phone number. I did it because I was scared. He never called.
- •It was on her bus that I endearingly called my older cousin "metal mouth" when he got his braces and my mom made me apologize when she found out.
- •I've been reminded of these memories and of her many times throughout the years but I never thought to try and look her up and tell her how much she meant to me.
- •Until today. She passed away on September 25, 2015, so she's been gone for almost a year. I lost my chance.
- •If you think about someone often and they've impacted your life in a positive way, let them know before it's too late.
- •RIP Ms. Nalley