I'M NOT FIT TO BE A WIFE
But for whatever reason he keeps me around.
- •He does the grocery shopping.Complete with couponing beforehand and planning a strategic route through the store.
- •He pays ALL the bills.I'm a free spender. I never know what our finances are at any given time but he's always behind the scenes making sure we don't go bankrupt.
- •He cooks at least 3 nights a week, sometimes more.We'd eat out every night if I had my way.
- •He talks about work, I ignore him for the most part and he's ok with that.He's the talker of the relationship. He's the one that needs to vent. I space out within a minute. I'm not the person to come to if you want to talk about your day unless something real cool like temporary alien abduction or a high speed chase that ended with you and the cop hugging it out happened.
- •He reads the bed time stories.I usually tuck our 9 year old in but the 3 year old requires these awful books like Goodnight Moon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and at that point in the day, my patience has peaked so I get lots of hugs and kisses and dad does the dirty work.
- •He drives anywhere I ask him to.I often randomly surprise him with "let's go to Knoxville/Memphis/St Louis/Chicago" road trip propositions. Usually with minimal complaints, he packs a cooler and we're on our way.
- •A lot of times I'm really mean and he still loves me.My anxiety/depression usually manifests itself as anger and a day doesn't go by that I don't say or do something awful and he never takes it personally. He knows I won't apologize (I equate apologizing for mental illness as being the same as apologizing for having cancer or Tourette's) and he knows I don't want to talk about it. He's just my constant anchor.