More Reasons I'm Like This
I just posted a list this morning but so many more reasons I'm like this have come to mind since then.
- •Because my mom told me she didn't like kids when I was in like 4th or 5th grade and asked to invite a friend over for a sleepover.
- •Because my mom always thought our Halloween candy would have razor blades in it.
- •Because I didn't eat a vegetable other than potatoes, corn, or green beans until I met my husband. I grew up on 6 course soul food dinners or TV dinners. No in between.
- •Because my mom put sweet tea in my bottle as a toddler.
- •Because my dad married someone old enough to be my grandma and she's never liked me or my siblings so any chance at a normal relationship with my dad is shot.
- •Because it takes a LOT of energy for me to convince myself to leave the house.
- •Because I'm addicted to thrift stores to add to my movie and book collections.
- •Because I was allowed to start wearing makeup around age 10 and still can't leave the house without it 23 years later.
- •Because I hate my wedding photos.
- •Because I tried to make friends in high school by letting junior and senior girls read my *NSYNC/BSB fan fiction stories.
- •Because I can't count how many different houses I've lived in during my lifetime.
- •Because my junior high didn't do the Washington D.C. 8th grade trip but the school district we moved to did for my sister. She didn't appreciate the trip like I would have.
- •Because I've never flown in an airplane in 33 years.
- •Because when I called my dad on Father's Day this year he apologized for not calling me on Mother's Day and said "I always forget you're a mom." I've been a mom for 10.5 years now.
- •Because my college advisor convinced me I could be a CSI right away with a Criminal Justice degree. 30 something grand later, I'm a stay at home mom who solves goldfish murders at my peak.