Reasons I'm Like This
Inspired by everyone else who posted these lists!
- •Because I grew up in a village with about 60 people in it for 10 years. There were no kids my age and I spent all my time in the woods exploring abandoned cemeteries.
- •Because I was reading Sweet Valley High books at age 6.
- •Because I had to share a waterbed with my sister for a couple years. We always had to share a room. I was in my 20's before I had my own space.
- •Because my one attempt at organized sports outside of t-ball, in 5th grade, ended with me making lots of points for the other team and my uncle, who was referee and let me do it, still brings it up.
- •Because, at age 11, my mom asked me if I would live with her when she left my dad. I wasn't even aware a divorce was imminent.
- •Because, after my parents divorced, I had to basically keep my dad's life in check until he remarried less than 6 months later. I cleaned the house and did his laundry every night when my mom would drop us off on the way to her night shift job.
- •Because my mom lived with a man who was abusive to me, my brother and her for 12 years. He never hurt my sister.
- •Because I dated a guy for 3 years who was in the military, went AWOL, developed PTSD and was verbally and mentally abusive.
- •Because I dated another guy for 5 years who was physically, mentally, and verbally abusive. I'm still scared of him almost 11 years later.
- •Because I was a single mom for 4 years.
- •Because I never learned proper coping skills.