SOME (UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL) OF THE JOBS I'VE HAD
- •Fast foodKFC and Burger King. I've done my time. I still don't think fast food employees deserve $15 an hour.
- •HospitalsLabor and Delivery and Cardiac and now I'm in a Level 1 Trauma ER, which is exactly as insane as you'd imagine. It's made me a very cynical person though so if anyone would like to save me and cast me in their tv show...heyyyy.
- •Call CenterI collected bad debts and often felt like Satan's little helper. It was the first and only job I've had with a cubicle and it sucked out my soul.
- •EMTNot an ambulance driver. (I had too many speeding tickets so I wasn't covered by my employers insurance.) It had its perks but wearing a uniform and not knowing if I was going to be able to shower other people's bodily fluids off of me during a 48 hour shift kind of sucked.
- •WalmartThe place where I went to hear "it wouldn't hurt to smile" as I bagged their groceries, preparation-H and pregnancy tests.
- •Grocery store inventoryI counted boxes of cereal all day and yes, it was as bad as it sounds.
- •Home healthcareAmong my best clients where the woman who kept her dead dog in the freezer and the woman who gave her poodle human-shaped vitamins and let it bite me.