THINGS I'VE ACCOMPLISHED TODAY
Since I worked yesterday, today is our Thanksgiving dinner and my in-laws are visiting from Minnesota.
- •Prepared the turkey
- •Prepared the mashed potatoes
- •Prepared the green beans
- •Prepared the Trisha Yearwood mac n cheese
- •Prepared the dressing
- •Had a nervous breakdown.I wish I was kidding but unfortunately I'm not. I'm the type of person who doesn't want help with anything. I don't want you to help cook. I don't want you to load the dishwasher. I don't want you to do my laundry when I repeatedly say I'm fine in the kitchen. I also don't like making small talk. It's exhausting trying to keep my shit together when so much is going on so I came upstairs and cracked.
- •I feel like I should say that I do love my in-laws...They're amazing people and so much better for me than my own family is but I just don't do well when they're visiting because I try to portray that I'm a normal person not suffering with out of control anxiety even though they know.