THINGS I INEVITABLY THINK ABOUT WHILE HOME SICK
Sidelined with pneumonia right now because I literally don't let myself stop moving long enough to deal with my thoughts (or, you know, illness) and sometimes my body gets mad at me for that.
- •My ex-boyfriendWhenever there's no one around to cuddle with and/or bring me food in these types of situations, my mental catalog of his many flaws suddenly empties itself in favor of a steep decline into "I'm gonna die alone" territory. I may have already cried once today when he texted to see how I was feeling.
- •Turning over a new weight-loss leafThe combo of meds and endless coughing has left me with almost zero appetite and the flattest stomach I've had in weeks. Definitely got me thinking about how this would be a great kickstart to a pre-holidays diet. Unfortunately I'm sure I'll block this from my memory the next time I see a good-looking donut at the store.
- •AgingBecause this is the type of thing that's only going to get worse as I get older and frailer, right?
- •Things I should writeIt should be noted that I don't actually write them, but I think about doing it.
- •Movies I should watchSee "things I should write"
- •ExerciseI think I feel most attached to running when I physically can't do it. It's like a variation of graduation goggles or maybe FOMO; either way it will evaporate the SECOND I get back out to the track.