TOP 5 FAVORITE ALBUMS
In no particular order
- •Porter Robinson - WorldsNo album has made me cry more. When people complain that EDM is transformer porn I suggest this album. It's eclectic, powerful, sad, energetic. I always listen to the album straight through.
- •The Beatles - Sgt. PepperThis is THE concept album. Not much else needs to be said. Not to mention it has "All you need is love" which is one of my favorite mantras. This really is the Beatles at their best. You have the pop sensibility but the experimentation all before they got too weird.
- •Arcade Fire - The FuneralI didn't like this album the first time I heard it so I waited a few months. Still didn't like it. Now it's on my top 5. Arcade Fire is an acquired taste but well worth the listen. Beautiful sweeping overtones, poignant lyrics and some of their catchiest jams.
- •Green Day - American IdiotMy teenage rebellion rolled into one album. This album has grown with me and I get something new with every listen. Plus it's just fun. It's so fun.
- •Fleet Foxes - Helplessness BluesI only allow myself to listen to this album twice a year. That's how special it is to me. I literally lay on the ground and listen to the album, start to finish, usually on vinyl. It's folk. It's raw. It's an experience.