Favorite wine varietals.
Straight varietal expressions. 🍷🍷🍷
- 1.Cabernet SauvignonMaybe this is too cliché but there's nothing better than a top notch cab.
- 2.GrenacheOh man, I truly love a good Grenache. Even (especially) those 16%ers from Paso.
- 3.SyrahRhones taking two of the top three spots. Can't argue with that meaty backbone.
- 4.Cabernet FrancMoving back to Bordeaux. A straight varietal is less common but when done well is sublime.
- 5.Grenache BlancFirst white on the list. This high acid Rhone is great during those hot summer months.
- 6.AlbariñoDitto for this Spanish grape. Moves up the list during the summer esp when paired with some spicy tacos.
- 7.RoséI know, it's a style and not a varietal. But for real, I LOVE a nice dry rosé. ROSÉ ALL DAY!!