THINGS I'VE OVERHEARD IN SEATTLE THIS WEEK
I came home to visit my new niece, and also do shows.
- •Mom has serious denial about her role as an abuser.Said by my sister in regards to our mother suggesting we go out for dinner.
- •That coffeeshop's run by that creepy church.Said about a chain of coffeeshops called Storyville, that are ran by the Mars Hills Church, famous for their now former pastor, Marc Driscoll. Never trust a Marc with a C.
- •I always try to be mindful of people's disabilities.Said by a woman at a BBQ that was offering gluten free waffles. It's was 85 degrees outside.
- •Fuck the police.Said by a white male doing stand up in the backyard of a house in an all white neighborhood. He then made a racist joke.
- •Do they allow dogs in that comedy club?Asked to me by a friend that wanted to bring her dog to my show.
- •It's almost impossible to be middle class here.Said by my friend that has been traveling the world as a kayak instructor for the past ten years.
- •You're never supposed to let a baby cry.Also my sister.
- •Harley is aggressive with other dogs.Said about my family dog after I agreed to take him for a walk.
- •I like taking the bus.Said by my friend who has a car.
- •I ride my bike everywhere.Said my another friend who also has a car.
- •We turn the wifi off at night for the baby.