Things I Learned After Spending the Weekend With 2 Babies in Madison, Wi.
This is my 3rd visit to Madison: Halloween in 2007. My friend Casey's wedding in 2012. Now Casey has two kids, both under the age of 2. Needless to say, it was a very different trip.
- •The first kid changes everything. The second kid REALLY CHANGES EVERYTHING.
- •Never look at your reflection in the windows of a mini van.
- •When the kids nap, you nap.
- •That thing @lexzie once listed about baby boogers...💯So gross, so strangely adorable, so frustrating.
- •There are few things better than spending time in a Midwestern college town.Nostalgia rules.
- •Sometimes, you've just gotta turn the TV on.Bubble Guppies was this weekend's discovery. Confusing at times but all around excellent and informative.
- •There are SO MANY new characters on Sesame Street.Who are all of these fools?!
- •There is something incredibly liberating about not wearing makeup for a solid 72 hours.
- •I am at once not at all ready and completely excited by the thought of having my own kids one day.For the time being, this'll do.
- •Every mom is an inspiration. I don't quite know how you do it. Single moms. Working moms. All of 'em.