10 THINGS THAT WOULD BE BETTER IF WE MOVE TO AUSTIN AND ONE I'M 😱ABOUT
Currently have a broker searching the real estate market and it's starting to get real.
- •NO more mortgage.Home prices are 2/3 as much as what our home is worth. An extra $1,000 every month is a very attractive incentive.
- •Better 'good hair' days.Tho Austin is still humid, it's lower than Eureka.
- •Airport proximity.We have an airport. The problem is using it-add about $800 round trip for two people to fly out of our one gate terminal. Convenient but unaffordable. Hey let's go to Tatooine instead!!
- •Coffee, food, Trader Joe's, BBQ, and Buc-ee's.Ok, probably won't be shopping at Buc-ee's on the reg but if I'm ever wanting 15 varieties of Icee on a hot Texas day, I know where to go.
- •Did I mention the humidity?No more dehumidifier. Yes, dehumidifier-we want to take water OUT of the air where most people are doing the opposite. Ditto lower electricity turning off machines in every closet.
- •Music venues EVERYWHERE 🎶The ACL Music Festival every October. Sixth Street 24/7. Even Alabama Shakes meets Texas.
- •Speed limit. Or 'what speed limit' you might say.They drive hella fast in Texas and I could get used to that.
- •Centrally located.Less than three hours to fly from Texas to SF or Disneyland or NYC or WDW or Canada or Mexico.
- •Close to family.Everyone seems to be moving to Texas. But mainly my kid will be here after he finishes his masters program. 🎓
- •Some tax breaks too boring to go into here.Ron explains it all.
- •My biggest concern? It gets really fking hot.Only 3 months out of the year are unbearable, right? 😫