Bear Encounters-Scare Intensity Ranked 📂
Play dead if being attacked by a mother grizzly defending her cubs. BUT if a predatory bear attacks (particularly a black bear) in an offensive manner & physical contact is made, fight for your life! (Google) For the other bears, proceed with caution & you'll be fine 🐻
- 13.Close EncountersBear walking across the road in Sequoia National Park. We were in our car, took a good long look then drove on by.
- 12.Sully from Monsters, Inc.Is this a bear? Yes!! He's not a monster. (I ❤️ Sully) Don't challenge me on this!!
- 11.Walking to work bearsOn the way to my job at Degnan's Deli in Yosemite, I pass by a brown bear mama with two cubs. Probably 10 feet away but she could move pretty fast if OH MY GOD, RUNNNNNNN. No just kidding. They couldn't have cared less about me.
- 10.Teddy BearThey come alive at night you know. Or sit there gathering dust to eventually get you with an asthma attack.
- 9.Winnie the PooA. A. Milne's beloved story. A friend to all. Addicted to sugar so has difficulty focusing on a task. Lovable and not threatening. A honey hoarder.
- 8.From a distance in a bus at a turnout.Grizzly bears in the river, on the road to Denali. They looked enormous and so many; mom's & their cubs and the male bears (boars) too. It was even too close for me. They move pretty fast.
- 7.Paddington Brown BearFound at the Paddington Station in London. Likes to travel and loves marmalade. Maybe he and Winnie could become flat mates and pool resources for dealing in the bread spread trade.
- 6.HikingI listed about this bear close encounter here #5 IT WAS A DARK & STORMY NIGHT...except for #1
- 5.TedHaving a drug using, hedonistic, leg humping bear in the house is always ill advised. Moderate scare ranking.
- 4.Bear in the meadowShe was pretty far away. Not too worried.... the park ranger was right there. I bet she'd come after my Oreos. (Yosemite 2012)
- 3.Bear cookieLooks innocent but the gluten makes this bear FEROCIOUS 😉
- 2.Day hike bearHiked to May Lake (one of the High Camps in Yosemite) for an overnight with my DH. After setting up camp, we decided to take a short nap. We awoke to a brown bear not 10 feet away. He/she had cracked & sucked out the contents from all six eggs, while leaving the shells intact. The packet of Wylers lemonade was sliced across like a razor blade. A cube of butter had been devoured. Though barely awake, the bear saw is and took off down the hill. We were fine but there went breakfast. 🍳
- 1.The Revenant bearScariest bear ever. Period. Thankful it was only in the movies.