Beautiful Things in the Emerald Triangle 🌊
We may be known for our 'Pot Culture' but Humboldt County is SO much more!
- •Trees of MysteryPaul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox on Hwy 101. Tourist trap but still fun. Has a tram that takes you way, way up into the Redwoods.
- •Fern Canyon and Ladybird Johnson Grove, Bon Jovi?!All the locals freaked out when they heard Jon Bon Jovi was hiking around there with his family. Careful, slippery when wet, Jon. Rainfall averages 51 inches per year. US average is 37. FYI 💦
- •Humboldt State UniversityHumboldt State University (HSU) is the northernmost campus of the 23-school California State University system, located in Arcata, Humboldt County, California, United States. The main campus, situated hillside at the edge of a coast redwood forest, has commanding views overlooking Arcata, much of Humboldt Bay, and the Pacific Ocean beyond. (Wikipedia) My husband works here 😘
- •Richardson GroveHwy 101 winds right through the middle of Richardson Grove, for us heading south to San Francisco. Breathtaking.
- •Most Beautiful Beaches@PureWow says we have the 5th best beach in Northern California. Here's a few of them from my Instagram.
- •Samoa Beach10 minutes from my house.
- •Trinidad HeadCool little hippie town with art galleries, gift shops, restaurants and some wonderful trails overlooking the bay.
- •Trinidad BayOn a not-so-good road but worth the trip.
- •Klamath, CAMore amazing coastal views.
- •There is one thing within all the beauty...We are in a tsunami zone 😐 All along our coast and especially in King Salmon, the tsunami threat is real. We also get frequent earthquakes and have a warning system in place. Crescent City, further north, had a devastating one in 1964 and the most recent in 2011 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltLkvZYnxQ
- •Award winning goat cheese.Cypress Grove Chevre, of Arcata, California, in Humboldt makes Humboldt Fog. Fun to see it's already part of our lexicon, like Chapstick.
- •Return of the Jedi was filmed around here. 1983. Ewoks!And scenes for Steven Spielberg's movie 'The Lost World - Jurassic Park' were filmed at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, Patrick's Point State Park and Fern Canyon. Fun fact: Spielberg's accounting vendors used our bank for their payroll. 💰
- •Humboldt County strong!It's a beautiful place even if 1/5 of Humboldt's population is involved with the cannabis trade. It really means 4/5th does not! Me on Big Lagoon Beach-Go HSU Lumberjacks!! Keeping it real, keeping it clean, keeping it GREEN! 💪🏼♻️