CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS-MOSTLY B LISTERS and A COUPLE OF 'A'
Out in the world, random glimpses and who dat?
- •Jason AlexanderHaving lunch with his family at a restaurant in California Adventure (Disneyland), the first year it opened. Was with my sister. We stalked him while he made a phone call by going in & out of the restroom about 10 times.
- •Denzel WashingtonThis is sort of a cheat. He came out of the theater after performing in the play "Raisin in the Sun". Included because we were coming back from Jersey Boys and it was completely unexpected.
- •Dennis MillerAt a bar in Vegas. He was a few feet away but I couldn't bring myself to make contact. One of the original SNL alums who did Weekend Update, Monday Night Football and famously Republican.
- •Larry MillerEating dinner a few tables over at Sardi's. Didn't feel right to interrupt his dinner. He was the store manager in 'Pretty Woman' and he played the dad in '10 Things I Hate About You'.
- •Tony RobertsComing out of Hotel Edison's coffee shop-NYC. He was rehearsing for a play that hadn't opened yet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_the_Allergist%27s_Wife
- •Cheryl LaddAlso saw her as we were leaving a play-she was in "Annie Get Your Gun". There was a long empty corridor devoid of anyone & we happened to be walking back to hotel when she exited the theater. She said Hi and we left her alone.
- •Elaine "Spanky" McFarlaneFrom Spanky and Our Gang. Famous a long time ago & she's now 74. She lives up here in NorCal. We went to a birthday party and she's a friend of the birthday boy. If you're interested in late '60's music here's a link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUT4LKAh0NQ
- •Robert CrumbCame to do some banking business. Never let on knowing who he was. Famous for Keep on Trucking illustration, 'Fritz the Cat' X-Rated animated movie and Crumb, the 1994 documentary. I short listed about him here- anti-li.st when I opened an account for that famous guy Oh, and illustrated Janis Joplin's album cover, too.
- •Eric Estrada & Brooke Shields & James WhitmoreThese are lumped together cause my husband saw them but I was RIGHT THERE!! Honestly, Brooke Shields shows up at the Salt Lake City Airport and me in the bathroom decides to re-bun my hair ☹️ (Eric Estrada-CHips and James Whitmore-Shawshank Redemption)
- •Veronica WebbMaybe the most random but exciting because it seemed like I was the only person who recognized her. Yes, I know my super models-Veronica Webb was one of them back in the '90s. Anyway, I'm in NYC (3/28/16) at the Jewish Museum to see the Isaac Mizrahi exhibition. My friend & I are getting lunch at Russ & Daughters Deli and she's standing waiting for her food with her (maybe 12 y o) daughter. ☺️ We then went into the museum. Continued below... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88s5Qff7ck8
- •More on Veronica WebbWe get to the Isaac Mizrahi exhibit and there's a short film on a loop showing clips of him at work, runway shows, etc. And who's in the film? Veronica Webb and she's sitting in the front row. We waited until she got up so I could gawk some more. I think she watched it at least twice. https://article.wn.com/view/2016/02/18/Veronica_Webb_on_Yeezy_Season_and_Fashion_Diversity/
- •Jimmy Fallon & Tina FeyIn 2000, on a trip to NYC, we took the NBC tour at 30 Rock. When we got to the SNL stage, there were two people rehearsing. We were told their names but we hadn't heard of them. Of course, Jimmy & Tina went on to do the Weekend Update on SNL for four years. Won Emmys in 2002 and then got really, really famous 🏆
- •Bill Graham, Concert PromoterSaw Bill Graham at the Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA. before a Don Henley concert 9/6/91 (solo, no Eagles). I'd forgotten all about that chance sighting-if not for an email tonight telling me about a Dead & Company concert at Shoreline in June. Maybe @gd3 will find this link interesting-i.e. Shoreline is shaped like GD skull logo and so much more! 🎸🎤🎼💀http://m.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/25-years-25-fabulous-Shoreline-Amphitheatre-facts-2370266.php?cmpid=email-mobile
- •Chris Hemsworth, Thor and perennial dream participant8:30am Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Eating breakfast three tables over with a group of unidentified people-family, friends Marvel colleagues idk. I got up twice to walk by and peeked around the barrier waiting for them to exit. Damn if they didn't sneak out the back. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-infinity-war-blockbuster-first-footage-brings-d23-feet-1021084
- •Kobe Bryant, Basketball Legend6:30pm 7/15/17 Walked past us at Disneyland-he heading toward the Matterhorn as we left same. I stupidly yelled his name to my friend-she believes it started a stampede. (Wrong) Contemplated chasing him for photo proof but too lazy. The guy who took this wasn't and posted to Instagram that night.