Dance Moves I Co-Opted Tonight 💃🏼
I went out dancing tonight and had no moves.
- •Cher's 'parting the Red Sea'I like to make an entrance. 😉 Not much body movement, mostly shoulders and neck. Smiles for everyone 👄
- •The Electric SlideLeft foot forward, bend knee. Lean in lean back. Pivot, repeat. Solo with more clothes on.
- •Prince 'Kiss' moves & shakesHip swivels and what I call the 'oh my aching back' steps were easy to copy. I was obliged to keep my blouse on-you know patriarchy and all.
- •Some HulaLots of hip action and talking with my hands. Heyyyyyy. Add shoes and more clothes.
- •Twerking for 37 secondsOn a dare by another dancer! Again, I had more clothes on nor am I remotely Bey, Bae.
- •Bruno Mars movesSome stomping, strutting and punching the air. Careful on crowded dance floors, I'm not looking to rumble.
- •Random jumping aroundPeople think you're having a stoke.
- •Call me Tina SparkleSome salsa and fancy footwork. With more clothes.
- •Single ladies neck actionI'm looking at you Andy Samberg.
- •The one I didn't do?The Carlton. It's not 1980 or Dancing with the Stars 😏
- •I think I look like this...A graceful swan. With clothes.
- •But I probably look like this.And I'm fine with that.