FIRST SEVEN JOBS
- •Hardware store cashierA great job for a girl. Surrounded by boys 😜 Learned about plumbing, construction and landscaping. And everything in hardware sounds dirty-we laughed constantly. Think about it. Arrow Hardware in Orange, CA.
- •Coffee shop waitressThey weren't called servers then. I was so green – the first time someone ordered tea, I filled a coffee cup with hot water, put in the teabag and took it to the table. Luckily I served it to a sweetheart lady, who told me, it's 'hot water in the little silver pot, an unopened tea bag with empty cup and saucer'. 🤦♀️ Mr. T's Coffee Shop, Town & Country Orange, CA
- •Grocery store cashier, stock clerk, produce and liquor sales etc.Small locally owned grocery store a few blocks from Disneyland. I loved that job!! We were also close to Angel's Stadium so we had lots of tourists. Met so many cool people, had great conversations with people from all over the world. We sold a lot of booze, snacks and Playboy magazines. Out-of-towners 🤷🏼♀️It's still there too. Satellite Market, Anaheim, CA
- •Drive up tellerThere was a bank right next door to the market. The bank Manager came in every day and got to know me. When a job opened up he asked me if I'd be interested in applying. So that was my first banking job. I made $450 a month and thought I'd finally hit the big time. Barclays Bank, Anaheim, CA
- •Deli clerk & sandwich artistWhere I learned about cheese 🧀. SO many cheeses, it was mind blowing and I've never been the same. Degnan's Deli, Yosemite Nat'l Park
- •Internal banker & auditorResponsible for counting all the money bags (daily receipts) coming in from various stores and concessions in the park. My boss complained to her boss that there was over $100k unprotected in the counting area. His response-"I wouldn't worry about it. You can't even buy a decent condo for that these days" 😂😂 Yosemite Nat'l Park
- •Cash vault tellerMoved from Yosemite to Fresno. With all my cash handling and banking experience, I was hired on the spot. Stayed with this company until I quit to work for myself. Bank of America, Fashion Fair Branch-Fresno, CA Next!!