How Planning a Vacation Gets Me Motivated BEYOND Packing
Almost like Spring Cleaning or nesting instinct before giving birth 🤰and I don't really know why.
- •Get those Netflix DVD's watched and in the mail.
- •Personal groomingPedicure ✔️ Highlights ✔️ Waxing/Depilatory everything (turning me into a hairless cat) ✔️ Eye-exam ✔️ Fill a tiny chip in tooth (I've been putting off for months!) ✔️
- •Pre-making dinnersAnd using up all the food in the freezer and cupboard. Especially if leaving Tom at home-he'd eat Jack-in-the-Box or 7-11 burritos 🌯 everyday. Yes, I care 💘
- •Weight LossAlways like to start out a bit lighter. Sitting in an airplane seat 💺 and being uncomfortable is the worst!! Usually lose ON the trip - all that walking!
- •CleaningWashing all the comforters we've been crouching under all winter. How does cat hair cling to them without showing? Note to self-do this more often 😬
- •DeclutteringMainly of my pre-packed travel items. What I just HAD to bring on the last trip, isn't always necessary on the next. I.e. Flip flops when it's storming in NY 😫 (I'm a flip flop girl 4eva)
- •Paying bills-transferring money.Putting money in all the right places and paying cards ahead if possible. Making sure banks know I'm going to be gone. Getting cards cancelled when you're buying a round of drinks? No. 😤
- •House maintenance.Roof patched ✔️ Gutter repair on Monday ✔️ Traction mats on front porch replaced ✔️
- •Stocking up on cat food and litter.I know Tom will take care of the the babies, he loves them too, but Momma worries 😽
- •Finish audiobooks I've borrowedAnd return them. It's not like I'm NOT coming back but I don't like any loose ends. You never know 😉
- •Just in case...Calls to sister. Letting husband know where the important papers are (yes, he should know all this but he really doesn't care so....yeah). AND there's still the actual packing MY REAL TRAVEL PACKING LIST
- •Then leave town with no worries!!Bon Voyage to me 🛫