Kanye West-Known but Unknown
Sometimes the only things you know about a famous person are from a headline (article? TLDR) or an appearance. No particular order.
- •Kanye SmilesWhile Kanye was celebrating his daughter's 3rd birthday, he also made another kid's day 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/06/smiling-kanye-west-disneyland
- •Taylor Swift outburstYou'd have to be living in Antarctica to have missed this. Reported, posted and debated everywhere.
- •His acceptance speech at the 2005 GrammysBest Rap Album 'The College Dropout' Watched it then and a later clip on Reddit. "I guess we'll never know" 😶
- •GoldDiggerCleaned up for prime time. I only knew this was Kanye after hearing it covered on "Glee". Hey, it was 2010 so give me a break. Great song-YouTube for both versions.
- •Kanye Crying at Paris ConcertDevastated over his beloved mothers death a week earlier. I was aware of the exceptional relationship they had but where I heard about it idk. From mtv.com
- •Controversy over Yeezus"I am God" song, album title similarity to Jesus and accusations, "narcissistic” and “misogynistic" dailymail.co.uk and Hollywood Reporter
- •Yeezy Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear collection.Meh. But it sure got a LOT of coverage in the press. From Vogue.com
- •Married a Kardashian.The lavish wedding was EVERYWHERE! From fashion/style blogs to The New York Times who said their marriage is "a blizzard of celebrity".
- •Asking Mark Zuckerberg for $1 BillionSays he's $53 Million in debt. Thanks Twitter and Kimmel
- •Parody of Bound 2 VideoTalk about going viral-the video spoof with James Franco & Seth Rogan was creepy funny. YouTube via TMZ
- •And this is why I made this list.Another article today about someone so famous that I know so little about. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/arts/music/kanye-west-summer-jam-webster-hall.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com