My Kitchen Mishaps Make Gordon Ramsay Scream
Inspired by @brazenhussy
- •Trying to cut onions like a chefI cut onions like a child. One day a NY Times cooking video showed up in my email-watched it, tried it. Yep, cut myself. Classic how-to video fail. Gordon is not happy with me.
- •Moved the facet out of the way, turned on the water, flooding the counter.And soaking the pie crust I was making 😡 Gordon calls me names.
- •Whipped cream charger explosionAll over everything. It's been two years and I just noticed a glob near the light fixture. Gordon says, My God woman, clean that shit up!
- •Frying bacon in a hair spray covered robe. 🔥Making breakfast in the same robe worn while getting ready for work. (Yes, I do wash it frequently but not everyday) Who knew the fire from 8 inches away would jump on my sleeve and travel up my arm? A very close call 😱 Gordon says, Welcome to HELL.
- •Exploding pressure cookerApparently cooking barley is NOT recommended for pressure cookers. It clogs the pressure vent. Oops. Ceiling, walls and floor. Worst mess EVER. Gordon loses it.
- •Trying a new pastry recipe on Thanksgiving with 8 guests arriving in an hourInstead of Pioneer Woman's pie crust (tried & true), I decided to get fancy and use all butter. BIG mistake. Bubbled all over the oven, burned and smoke billowed throughout the house. Gordon says, How stupid are you?
- •Until the next disaster...