REASONS WHY SOMEONE WOULDN'T WANT A STARBUCKS CARD FOR THEIR BIRTHDAY
A friend gave me the $25 Starbucks gift card she received from a coworker for her birthday. I said why. She said I just won't use it! I didn't press, took the card and used it just now. While waiting for my drink, I had time to ponder...who gives away a Starbucks gift card??
- 1.Doesn't like pre-brewed coffee.She makes coffee at home so she could have gotten a bag of coffee or beans to grind herself.
- 2.Doesn't like tea.Their Chai tea is wonderful or she could get a fruit refresher or smoothie if tea is not her cup of.
- 3.Doesn't like sweet treats.Banana bread, pumpkin bread, scones, cupcakes, cookies and even yogurt & granola. Most everyone can find something to love in this category. I know I ALWAYS can 🍩
- 4.Doesn't like their bistro boxes.I'm beginning to think she had no idea Starbucks sells anything other than coffee...
- 5.Doesn't need any more coffee mugs, travel mugs or plastic drink containers.Ok, I've got a cupboard full of these. Agreement here.
- 6.Doesn't like big corporations.Shop Small Business is definitely a valid point of view. Can we patronize both?
- 7.Thinks people who go to Starbucks are part of a cult.Maybe true. I drank the Grande Kool-Aid a long time ago.
- 8.She also gave me a $20 gift certificate for Philly Cheese Steak she didn't want.I know she stopped eating red meat a while back and they serve vegetarian options. But I digress 🤔
- 9.Note to self: Birthday gifts for THIS friend should NOT be gift cards or gift certificates.