ROAD TRIP LIST-A PRIMER 📁
Road trips. Thrills and spills. Leaving for another one in two days-time to clean out the drafts.
- •Getting out of your OWN town takes the most time.Stop for gas. Stop for coffee. Stop for cooler drinks. Go back home to get charger/glasses/pillow you forgot and that Costco size bottle of Advil cause we're gonna need it 😬
- •My husband lacks a certain finesse with his braking skills.All I can say it's a good thing we're wearing seat belts. Screeerccchh 😲
- •Chance to review iTunes on your iPhone playlistI payed $1.29 for that?
- •I forgot how good Daft Punk sounds in the car.Turned way up. Give life back to music.
- •State License plate 'I Spy'Oregon drivers don't care-I suspect they aren't fans of anyone with California plates. Texans drive too damn fast. Washingtonians just want to get home.
- •Road construction stops give you a chance to stretch your legs and sometimes chat with other motorists.And pet their dogs. And take pictures of them 🐶
- •My husband never heard of Dido.Her song Best Day of My Life came on and I started to sing along. He said who's this, I told him. He said, Her name is Fido? Oh my.
- •Epiphany: I love cars!Me: Oh man, I like that Mini Cooper. Significant Other: Do you want one? Me: Owww, I like the Highlander! SO: Want to buy one? This goes on with multiple likes. Realize I would like to just have a different car to drive everyday. No desire to own them. Kinda like confirmed singles.
- •GoogleMaps only matches street or highway names 70% of the time.Oh and that makes my husband PISSED!!!! But if I'm the navigator you can guess who gets the wrath.
- •My husband isn't very adventurous when it comes to food.Dim Sum in Vancouver Chinatown. One taste and said I don't like it. Or that or that or that. (This is literally what he looked like)
- •And The Wallflowers and Bryan Adams andThen it's WHAT IS THIS Shazam? Ratt 😒 RANDOM MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE CAR RADIO FOR 6 DAYS
- •We get lost a lot even with GPSRecalculating route. Recalculating route.
- •Ah man, I love Van HalenEven with Sammy Hagar 'When it's Love' makes you want to pull over and dance. But we're on the freeway
- •No Uber in VancouverI just made a rhyme. But seriously, ride sharing is waiting to get through the city council (so I was told by a local)
- •Freeway surprises!Full pictorial here - CAR HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY-A LIST PICTORIAL
- •Pulling into your own driveway.We made it. Home. Alive.